Sunday, July 1, 2007

Featuring Andy Griffith

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Andy Griffith was born in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Recently we have been watching Seasons 1 & 2 of "The Andy Griffith Show". I loved it as a child, but now it is even better because I understand all the jokes and references. I also love listening to their Southern dialect. It sounds just like my TN dialect.

Andy Griffith has had an interesting life. He has been an English teacher, stand up comedian and trombone player. He began his studies in college to be a minister, but switched his major to music. Answers.com has a great collection of articles about Andy Griffith. Here is the link! http://www.answers.com/topic/andy-griffith?cat=entertainment

Did you watch "The Andy Griffith Show" or "Matlock"? I grew up with "The Andy Griffith Show", but never really got into watching "Matlock".

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

You bet I grew up watching "The Andy Griffin Show" before it was re-runs! I also watched Gomer Pyle which was a spin-off of that show.

I really like Andy Griffith, he seems like a down to earth nice guy. A friend of mine who's a filmmaker down here just signed him to star in his second film! He's so excited to have such a seasoned actor in the lead role. I'll be sure to let you know when he's done with it.

Linda said...

I definitely did and still do. It runs regularly on TV Land. It is funny to think of Opie as a big Hollywood director now.

ChristyTN said...

My favorite is the Pickle episode. Do you remember that one where Aunt Bea makes horrible pickles & the guys replace them with store-bought ones so that they don't have to eat her "kerosene cucumbers"? So funny!

Do you remember that at the end of a tv show, after a commercial, they come back to the show to do a little part to finish up? Well, most of the time the little part was cut out of reruns. (Mark brought this to my attention) If you buy the dvd sets, you get to see all of those little parts that you may have never seen before!

bob_vinyl said...

I still like the Andy Griffith Show from time to time, but Matlock was always completely horrible.